UFF Norway is looking for an experienced fundraiser and proposal writer who will help develop strategic partnerships with institutional donors, increase UFF Norway's contribution to Humana People to People projects worldwide, and also map and find possible investment funds for qualitative, quantitative and sustainable development of UFF's clothes collection and Second-Hand Shops in Norway
The Fundraiser / Proposal writer will join a passionate, ambitious and skilled team in Humana People to People European Partnership Office.
Reporting directly to the management of UFF Norway,
the Fundraiser/ Proposal writer plays a key role in
- making UFF Norway's development work within the Humana People to People Federation well known and technically well explained in the Norwegian Development Sector,
- establishing partnerships involving Norwegian organisations and HPP member organisations,
- producing relevant and well targeted proposals for Norwegian donors, public and private. Writing and driving defined proposal development processes, and
- identifying and raising funds for improving local and national activities of UFF in Norway.
Desired personal qualities
• Demonstrated ability to build professional relations and networks with new prospective donors. Existing networks among foundations and bilateral agencies are a strong asset.
• Very good collaboration skills, including in multicultural- multidisciplinary teams.
• Excellent communications skills and ability to gain acceptance and guide organization-wide collaboration efforts.
• Analytical, conscientious and structured, able to quickly zoom in on pertinent information, with strong planning and administrative/management skills.
• Manages competing priorities with an eye towards getting things done.
• Pro-active, initiative taker and innovative thinker with a willingness to learn.
• Advanced knowledge and expertise of the international development and funding landscape.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in a humanitarian/development or international organization and/or a donor agency or foundation, either at Head Office/capital or field/embassy level.
• Proven experience of successful, large-size proposal development with institutional donors (philanthropic foundations, bilateral or multilateral development agencies, UN or similar).
• Fluency (oral and written) in English. Knowledge of any of the following languages is a plus: Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish.
• Relevant higher education. All formal education can be compensated by relevant experience.
By means of clothes collections containers and Second-Hand Shops, UFF Norway raises funds for development projects in Africa, Asia and Latin-America, supporting poor people in their engagement to change their living conditions. Collection and reuse of Second-Hand Clothes also has a big positive impact on the environment.
UFF Norway is part of the international Humana People to People movement (HPP). Working in 45 countries across five continents, Humana People to People has implemented more than 1,238 development projects in the areas of Community Development, Sustainable Agriculture and Environment, Health, and Education, reaching more than 9.6 million people in Africa, Asia, and Central and South America.